Avient Features Sustainable Polymer Colorants and Additives, Specialty Engineered Materials, and Services at Plastimagen 2023
Avient’s color and additives and specialty engineered materials teams look forward to highlighting their portfolio of sustainable polymer colorants and additives, specialty engineered materials, and services at Plastimagen 2023.
To download a high-resolution image, please click here: FOR MEDIA USE ONLY
MEXICO CITY – 2023年11月7日 – Avient Corporation, a premier provider of specialized and sustainable material solutions and services, is showcasing its sustainable portfolio of polymer colorants and additives, specialty engineered materials, and services at Plastimagen, the largest plastics exhibition in Latin America, beginning today.
Avient is highlighting various polymer solutions and services that support sustainability objectives from conception to commercialization for customers in Latin America. This follows Avient’s recent Gold Rating certification achievement from EcoVadis, a globally renowned sustainability ratings platform, for its commitment to sustainability, ethics, and responsible business practices. Avient is showcasing the following sustainable solutions and services at this year’s Plastimagen tradeshow:
- Rejoin™ Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) Colorants use PCR content as a carrier resin, allowing for 100% PCR packaging with color for bottles and parts. It combines pigments and functional additives into one solution without negatively impacting color or mechanical properties.
- ColorMatrix™ Smartheat™ RHC liquid dispersion process aids can improve the recycling and sustainability of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles, reduce CO2 emissions, and have minimal impact on final product color or aesthetics.
- reSound™ REC Recycled Content Thermoplastic Elastomers can help brand owners create sustainable end-user products, with formulations utilizing up to 83% recycled content for consumer and transportation industries. PCR grades are formulated from multiple types of recycled content, ranging from ocean plastics to food packaging. Transportation grades are formulated for automotive interiors and are tested to VDA 278 and VDA 270 standards.
- Complēt™ Long Fiber Reinforced Structural Thermoplastics are injection molded composites with structural properties, able to replace metal and lightweight parts. Benefits include high strength and stiffness performance, creep resistance, fatigue endurance, elevated and low-temperature performance, dimensional stability, and corrosion and chemical resistance. PCR and post-industrial recycled (PIR) recycled content grades are available.
- PCR Color Prediction Service illustrates the color possibilities or limitations of certain types of PCR for customers, including polyolefins and PET resins. This can help simplify the overall decision-making process for brand owners and technical colorists and help shorten the time-to-launch of new product ranges.
- New Production Line in Mexico to meet the growing demand and requirements in the region. This line includes the latest technology available to improve safety, production efficiency, sustainability support, and add value for our stakeholders and customers.
In addition, knowledgeable representatives from Avient’s color and additives and specialty engineered materials businesses will be on hand to help customers address application needs, discuss sustainability goals, and leverage extensive material and application knowledge. The ColorWorks™ team will highlight ColorForward™, the annual color forecasting guide for the plastics industry.
Avient is exhibiting at Plastimagen in Mexico City, Mexico, in booth 2114 from Tuesday, November 7 – 2023年11月10日（星期五）. Andrew Donovan, Avient Technology Group Lead, will discuss recycled content thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs) for automotive interiors at the Circular Economy Summit on Wednesday, November 8, from 11:50 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Palacio de Iturbide, room 3.
Avient Corporation provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fiber™, enables unmatched levels of performance and protection for end-use applications, including ballistic personal protection, marine and sustainable infrastructure and outdoor sports
- Unique technologies that improve the recyclability of products and enable recycled content to be incorporated, thus advancing a more circular economy
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation and reduce carbon footprint
- Sustainable infrastructure solutions that increase energy efficiency, renewable energy, natural resource conservation and fiber optic / 5G network accessibility
Avient is certified ACC Responsible Care®, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work®. For more information, visit https://www.avient.com.
To access Avient's news library online, please visit www.avient.com/news.
# # #