Avient Announces New Sustainable Technology for Packaging – Showcases Award Finalist Entries at PRSE 2023
Avient Announces New Sustainable Innovations for Packaging – Showcases Award Finalist Entries at PRSE 2023.
To download a high-resolution image, please click here: FOR MEDIA USE ONLY
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands – 2023年5月10日 – At today’s Plastics Recycling Show Europe (PRSE) 2023 event, Avient Corporation is showcasing a new sustainability technology to expand its comprehensive packaging solutions portfolio.
New from Avient featured at PRSE 2023:
- ColorMatrix™ Ultimate™ UV390R is a new ultraviolet (UV) absorbing additive technology suitable for both virgin and recycled polyethylene terephthalate (rPET) that allows less than 10% UV light transmission up to 395 nm and helps achieve improved bottle blowing with enhanced recyclability features, including less rPET yellowing.
Avient will also be featuring its two Plastics Recycling Awards Europe Finalist solutions in the Product Technology Innovation of the Year category. These sustainability technologies can improve the customer experience of working with post-consumer recycled (PCR) content and support the use of PCR materials in packaging:
- Post-Consumer Recycled (PCR) Color Prediction Service is a digital service using sophisticated technology to help illustrate the color possibilities or limitations of certain types of PCR for customers, including polyolefins and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) resins. This can help simplify the overall decision-making process for brand owners and technical colorists and help shorten the time-to-launch of new product ranges.
- Cesa™ Nox A4R Additives for Recycling can protect post-consumer polyolefins against oxidation, typically resulting in defects like black spots, gels, and discoloration. The antioxidant can be added to PCR content early in the recycling process or incorporated in virgin resin to protect against degradation in multiple recycling loops.
Sustainability experts from Avient will be on hand to help address recycling challenges in packaging, drawing on research conducted at Avient’s CycleWorks™ Innovation Center that focuses on mechanical recycling challenges and solutions.
Avient will exhibit in booth C41 at PRSE 2023 in Amsterdam, Netherlands, from May 10-11, 2023.
Avient Corporation provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fiber™, enables unmatched levels of performance and protection for end-use applications, including ballistic personal protection, marine and sustainable infrastructure and outdoor sports
- Unique technologies that improve the recyclability of products and enable recycled content to be incorporated, thus advancing a more circular economy
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation and reduce carbon footprint
- Sustainable infrastructure solutions that increase energy efficiency, renewable energy, natural resource conservation and fiber optic / 5G network accessibility
Avient is certified ACC Responsible Care®, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work®. For more information, visit https://www.avient.com.
To access Avient's news library online, please visit www.avient.com/news.
# # #